Child Custody Attorney New Jersey

Child Custody Lawyer for North Bergen, Jersey City, Union City – and greater New Jersey

Handling matters of child custody requires the utmost sensitivity and support from your attorney. When you need a child custody lawyer, Carvajal Law is by your side. We serve clients with all of their divorces, family law, and child custody needs in New Jersey and New York.

Child custody involves both physical custody, which outlines which parent the child will be spending time with and where, and legal custody, which outlines each parent’s responsibilities and who has the ability to make decisions on the child’s behalf.

Carvajal Law can help you navigate child custody proceedings to help protect your child’s best interest and give you the best chance to secure the outcome you want in your case.

What You Need to Know About Child Custody Laws in New Jersey

New Jersey recognizes both joint and sole custody of children in separation and divorce cases. Joint custody is when each parent spends an equal amount of time with the child. In a sole custody arrangement, the child lives with one parent most of the time and generally has visitation with the other parent on a schedule.

Although the courts will try to agree on a situation where the child can continue to have a relationship with both parents, if you don’t agree with any aspect of what your spouse is proposing with regard to child custody, we can help you find an alternate solution, even if it means we have to fight your case in court. There are also situations where one parent may not be fit to take care of the child, and so the other parent may be granted full custody.

Carvajal Law will do our best to minimize conflict where we can and seek the best possible outcome for both you and your child in child custody cases.

Schedule a Free, No-Obligation Consultation

Speak to a child custody lawyer about your case today. Contact Carvajal Law for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation at (201) 801-3134 or use our contact form to request a consultation.

Skip to content